Jonas is the “Receiver of Memory”
You will be answering questions and completing computer writing practice exercises as you read. Answer the following in complete sentences:
- What is a “rhetorical question?”
- Create your own rhetorical question
- What do you think is significant about the change of scenery when Jonas goes to visit “The Receiver” for the first time?
- *** BIG QUESTION: How does the community exercise control over its citizens?
- How does limiting books create control?
- How does language create control?
- When Jonas receives his first memory, Lois Lowry changes her writing style. Why do you think this is?
- What is wisdom and how do you gain it?
- Write your own memory using the same style of writing for Jonas’s memories
- Try to describe something without saying what it is. Use very descriptive language (lots of adjectives). Think of the 5 senses.